Bottle Village History
construction in 1956 at age 60, and working until 1981, Tressa
"Grandma" Prisbrey transformed her one-third acre rural lot into
Bottle Village, a fantasyland of shrines, wishing wells,
walkways, fountains, follies, plus 15 structures to house her
collections - all made from found objects.
The name "Bottle Village" comes from the structures themselves - made of tens of thousands of discarded bottles retrieved by Grandma on her daily excursions to the nearby dump.